I went to visit Poh (a.k.a. L.A. Grandma) on Sunday afternoon.Mom asked me to walk in and see if she knew who I was.
So I walked in, and there she was laying on her room 22B bed.
It was 3:45 pm and she was awake so she looked up at me. I asked her if she knew who I was. She didn't. I told her and she seemed surprised.
Then we started chatting.
After about twenty minutes, she sat up on the side of the bed and asked me to sit on the bed.
We chatted some more. Mostly her, as I listened. She knew mom was going back to China and I told her I was going too. She spent about twenty minutes recalling her days back in the village and specifically the three story building there.
I think she's mostly bored there but there are plenty of people around.She got up and walked me to the door when I left.
No comments:
Post a Comment